Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A "Serge" of Productivity - Part 1

First things first - a hilarious post about inappropriate usage of quotation marks:
http://distractify.com/people/the-30-most-unnecessary-uses-of-quotation-marks-in-history/
My personal favorite is the one about the artificial trees, but they are all really good.

Secondly, my delightful pun alludes to the fact I actually learned how to use my serger this weekend, and finished not one, but two projects!  The first was actually just a test t-shirt I made out of leftover fabric, so I didn't ruin anything good figuring it all out.  I just traced one of my favorite tees to get the shape, and sewed it all up!  It actually came out pretty well, despite the fact the neckline got screwed up because I had to take it apart and redo it, but for the first time I've every put on sleeves (I've been avoiding them for a while now), I think I did pretty good.  Check out the stripe-matching in the back, which for some reason did not work on the front, but I'll take halfsies.  Also, if you look closely, you will see it's not hemmed properly, just serged, but since it was a test, I didn't feel like breaking out the other sewing machine to hem it.

Without further ado, I give you the red and white striped tee:





No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin