Friday, June 14, 2013

How is it that simple projects take forever?

So, this is a super simple shirt that took a really long time.  I originally intended to make a drapey sweater type shirt, but that didn't work out so well.  I wore it once, but wasn't a fan, so I thought I would try to just make a simple tank top that would let the cool texture shine.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the darker color is actually a little bit sheer and the lighter purple is raised.  The gathered-looking bits are actually gathered, so it's a neat texture.  Anyway, I just used a basic tank top laid on top of the fabric to cut it out, and sewed it up.  I happened to have some petersham ribbon on hand that matched almost perfectly, so I used that to bind the neckline.  I just found out about petersham ribbon, which is a more awesome version of grosgrain ribbon.  Because the edges are looped instead of straight, it curves really nicely.  Anyway, here it is!



No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin