Thursday, June 30, 2011

Big News!

So I've been pretty silent the past few weeks, but for a good cause, I promise.  Boyfriend and I went on vacation in New Mexico a few weeks ago, and while on top of a mountain overlooking Albuquerque, he proposed, and so now boyfriend has become fiancée!  We are trying like mad to pull together a wedding in Michigan in October (planning from DC), so I've been a little busy the last few weeks.  We have the church somewhat lined up, but we have to pick between two reception locations by tomorrow.  I haven't seen either place in person, but I've sent my parents to go check them out.  Which do you think?  (Seriously, I need help deciding here).

Option 1:  The Old Art Building

This is a building that is used for art shows and performances and whatnot, and is basically across the street from Lake Michigan.  You can't see the lake, but it's a short walk, and there is a river that runs right next to it.  It's the cheaper option (by a decent amount), and is slightly closer to the church.  It's slightly smaller, which means we might have to take down a few tables after dinner for dancing.  It's a similar style to option 2, just more rustic.  If the weather cooperates, I might set up lawn games or something, because there is a nice big yard.

oab-exterior

provencal-luncheon

Real-Weddings-Kate-Brian-4-537x400

Option 2:  Willowbrook Mill

This is a water mill that was recently renovated for the purpose of being a reception location.  It's gorgeous.  This is on the other side of the Leelanau peninsula, so it overlooks the Grand Traverse Bay.  Again, it's across the street, but doesn't have a super view of the water, but very easy to walk to.  And I will say it again, it's gorgeous.

full_13

full_2

full_9

So there you have it kids, what do you say?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So happy for you two and I love them both!

LauraJ said...

Laura they are both awesome. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Stephanie said...

Wow, your wedding is going to be so beautiful! You can't go wrong with either of those options.

Though I've heard Michigan is lovely in January...

Katie B said...

I totally pick #2. Its gorgeous!

McLaura said...

Thanks everyone! It's not final, but after going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, we're going with the mill!

Stephanie - We really debated waiting until you guys were back. John is just too impatient. :)

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend just recently proposed as well and I stumbled upon your blog while I was looking for pictures of the mill....

Is it really pricey? I am waiting to hear back from them and can hardly wait!

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin