Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The 100 Greatest Cult Restaurants of All Time

So I was perusing the Real Simple blogs, and came across a post on The 100 Greatest Cult Restaurants of All Time. The definition of a cult restaurant is:

- Having a highly devoted customer base, divided between locals and tourists
- Stellar and unique food
- An almost unbearable wait
- Not too many multiple locations
- Cheap—less then $20 per person for a meal

Sounds good to me, so I counted up where I had been on the list, along with my own commentary.

9. Ben’s Chili Bowl (Washington, D.C.) - I hate chili, and therefore am not a fan.
18. Ray’s Hell Burgers (Arlington, VA) - Pretty good burger, and I may be going against regional judgement here, but I've had better.
54. Voodoo Doughnut (Portland, OR)
70. Dinosaur BBQ (Syracuse, NY) - I actually ate at the NYC location, and Salt Lick should totally be above it on the list.
80. Salt Lick Bar-B-Que (Driftwood, TX) - Best BBQ in the world.
84. Busboys & Poets (Washington, D.C.) - Fun place to hang out, not sure their food warrants them being on the list.
96. Georgetown Cupcake (Washington, D.C.) - Way too popular for its own good.

Anyone else have thoughts on the list?

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin