Thursday, January 21, 2010

Settling In, Week 3 - Living Room as Living Room, not Storage Unit

And I figured I could show off my living room, now that it's in an inhabitable state. Definitely not finished, but close enough for now. Someday I will do a post on the bookshelves, but for right now I'll just say that I scrapped multiple plans for elaborate, beautiful, handmade shelves and instead bought all three of these on Craigslist for $25. Can't beat it. A few projects which will be underway at some point in the not so distant future:

  • All paper boxes on the shelves will be covered with contact paper and/or removed from the shelves.
  • The green chairs will be re-upholstered. I'm actually thinking about having this professionally done, as the rear part of the backrests are wood, and it looks like something I could easily mess up. Not to mention I only paid $5 apiece for them, so I figure I can spend a little to make them perfect.
  • There will eventually be a gallery wall of photos and art on the wall above the couch.
  • Two tables are currently under construction for use as coffee tables (copper pipe bases with wood tops).
Those are the near-term projects, but rest assured, I have other ideas.

DSC_7832

DSC_7852

DSC_7858

DSC_7842

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin