Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Neon Oriental Rugs? Maybe, Maybe Not

Since I have so many random and large projects going on with the new apartment right now, I've abandoned my new rug dreams. Although after heading to every big home improvement store that I could think of only to find they do not carry cotton rope, I did determine that Amazon will be my eventual resource for my cotton rope crocheted rug, whenever I get around to it.

But now it's time to add another idea to the rug ideas list. Apartment Therapy posted about these rugs, which have been given a new lease on life. Apparently what is done is the rug is neutralized to remove the original color and then over-dyed, in this case to vibrant neon colors. The examples given are not worth the hefty price tag, in my opinion, considering they still look a bit bedraggled, but I can definitely see giving it a go on a Craigslist or Goodwill purchase.

011210rugs02_rect540

1169967_DE

011210rugs05_rect540

1173244_DE

1150695_DE

(Photos courtesy of ABC Home)

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin