Thursday, July 16, 2009

Totables Grand Opening!

I couldn't wait after all to list my first items in my Etsy shop for purses and accessories, Totables. Here's a little preview of what I've been working on for the past couple of months:

Felted Wool Shoulder Bag - Oatmeal


The bag that started it all - this was my very first felting project ever.

B1-3


Felted Gray Wool Small Zipper Bag


It turns out I'm a terrible judge of how much items tend to shrink when they felt. I fully intended to have several tote bags in my shop, but somehow that didn't happen. This bag actually was the bottom of a "tote bag" that I cut off, because it turned into essentially a bowl with 3/4" thick walls. Works well for a sunglasses case though!

B2-2

Felted Wool Large Shoulder Bag - Red and Gray


Yet another one of my tote bag projects that just didn't quite make it. It's always interesting to me how my bags evolve as I go along. I had originally just sewn the metal rings of the handles onto the bag, but I didn't like how it looked, so I had my mom mail me more of the gray yarn that makes the top trim (I had originally crocheted the bag while home in Michigan). Turns out it was a lighter shade of gray than I had used though, so I wasn't perfectly happy with it. After crocheting and felting 4 tabs, I put them aside and used black ribbon to attach the handles to the bag.

B3-1

Felted Wool Shoulder Bag - Coral


Again, failed tote bag. But very cute shoulder bag, if I do say so myself.

B4-1

Silk and Chain Necklace - Pink and Gold


This necklace is actually made out of part of my halloween costume from my senior year of college, when I went as a belly dancer. The chain belt had extra loops and doo-dads hanging from it and was perfect for my costume, just not so suitable for real life, so I decided to re-invent it.

A3-1

I have a few more items that are completed, but I need to have another photo shoot to get just the right pictures. The lighting of all these wonderful pictures is due to boyfriend - such a big help! :)

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin