Friday, June 19, 2009

A Walk Through History

So bushwoman was visiting me last week, and in the spirit of visiting DC, we of course had to check out all that the mall has to offer. One thing I actually hadn't managed to do yet was visit the newly re-opened Museum of American History. I was pretty excited, as I had heard about some cool things, like Julia Child's kitchen, Dorothy's red slippers, a transportation exhibit, the flag that inspired the Star Spangled Banner. It was neat, but I thought it would be a bit better than it was.

Julia Child's Kitchen Recreated in the Museum
JuliaChild-1

JuliaChild-2

I loved this chair.
JuliaChild-3

On to the Transportation Hall - DC once had Streetcars
Streetcar

Bushwoman Boarding the L Train
Sidenote: Do you call it the L or the El? I've always said El, but the exhibit said L.
El

El-2

Lighthouse Lens
lighthouse

DSC_2153

Awesome Model Ship
ship

These shoes were by the ruby slippers, but I found them much more interesting.
shoes

So there you have it folks, my summary of American history, as told by the National Museum of American History. Doesn't quite seem to add up, huh?

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin