Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Laura's Travels: Philly Edition

This past weekend, I took a trip up to visit boyfriend's family, who live near Philadelphia, and also went into the city, for as much as I travel around, I've never actually been to Philly. I normally like to plan a bit more before a trip, but this time, all I did was google "things to do in philadephia" and I came up with a decent list.

Saturday morning, boyfriend, his grandmom, his aunt, and I took the train into the city from Morrisville, where his family lives. Unfortunately, the train was late, and and when it finally did arrive, it didn't quite manage to stop at the platform. After sitting on the tracks for a while, it finally reversed so we could get on. A slow 10 or 15 minutes later, we stopped on the tracks and the conducter came by to inform us that Amtrak had decided to spray the track for weeds, which makes the track very slippery, which was why it had slid past our station. We had to proceed slowly for a while before finally Amtrak gave us the signal that we could go full speed. Needless to say, we arrived later than we expected in Philly.

The train station is right next to the Reading Terminal Market, which was first on my list of top things to do in Philly. I love a good market, and this one was quite fun, with tons of yummy food. It also spoke to my love of neon signs, as you can tell from the pictures.

DSC_1817

DSC_1812

DSC_1815

DSC_1819

DSC_1822

Next up: Let freedom ring!

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin