Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sláinte!

Seeing as how I lived a good chunk of my life in County Clare (ok, Clare County in Michigan, but still highly Irish), I am no stranger to the festivities that surround St. Patrick's Day. Unfortunately, this year I will have to abstain and pack for my trip to Honduras tonight. Instead, I celebrated Saturday night. I went over to a friend's house for a delicious meal of corned beef and cabbage. Mmmmmm.

Ready to dig in
DSC_0095

Irish soda bread
DSC_0106

Brian made enough to feed an army
DSC_0113

DSC_0115

And I will conclude with every gaelic word/saying I can remember, based on my time working at the Leprechaun Shop:

Sláinte - Cheers
Erin go braugh - Ireland forever
Pog mo thoin - Kiss my ass
Inis - Island

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin