Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One of Many Back Burner Projects

So I've lived in DC for two years now. For a large portion of that time I have had a project in mind, but it just never seems to get done, and instead grows in size. It all started because I lived in Adams Morgan. Every day I would walk by the Marilyn Monroe mural on my way to the metro and I loved it. Two others soon joined the list - the Madam's Organ mural and the Sombrero Man on 18th street. The first variation of my project was merely to take a nice picture of each and blow them up and hang them on the wall. For various reasons, I somehow managed to never fully accomplish this, be it I never had my camera with me, it was winter and crappy looking, and so on. I finally have 3 pictures that I like, but they still aren't printed and framed.

The project continued to grow, despite my lack of work on it. I next decided I wanted to do a coffee table book of DC murals. I do have a slowly growing collection of mural photos, and every now and then I do a burst of research and add to my list of murals, but it's very far from completion. By the time I move away, maybe it will be done.

DSC_2945
My favorite picture of 18th Street.

IMG_1121
Madam's Organ

DSC_2936
Sombrero Man

IMG_1270
Marilyn Monroe

IMG_7281

IMG_7275
The closest I've come to achieving the first step of my project - a photo collage of Marilyn at night.

DC Apt No 2-25
This print was my Christmas present last year - I love this artist, Joseph Harrison Snyder , who does these amazing watercolors of DC scenery. This one is of 18th Street, so I guess I have to get a Logan Circle one now.

1 comment:

Sisarina said...

such phenomenal pictures... LOVE the collage!

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin