Monday, January 12, 2009

Ikea Jumps on the Bandwagon

So I've been contemplating this post in my head for a little while, but due to my self-imposed rule of never taking pictures during my work commute, it hasn't happened and Apartment Therapy beat me to it. So Ikea has all these ads up in the metro station which capitalize on Obama and political change, and so on, but it just makes me mad. Seriously, what does a Swedish cheap furniture company have to do with American politics? Maybe if they weren't plastered over every surface in the Farragut North station so I have to stare at them twice a day, five days a week, it wouldn't be so bad, but it just makes me angry. But alas, it doesn't change the fact that half of my apartment is furnished by Ikea, and I will continue making my pilgrimages out there. So I guess the ads are effective in that they get people talking, but they really are not influencing my spending behavior, which is kinda the whole goal of advertising. So take that, Swedish cheap furniture company!

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin