Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some Things Just Don't Translate

So I was over at boyfriend's house a little while ago and I decided to flip through a book that was sitting on his coffee table. One of his roommates had just gotten back from a trip to China and she had bought the book there, which was all about uniquely Chinese products, or something. Lo and behold, I happen upon the split pants. I had never heard about this phenomena, and so it was definitely an eye-opening read. Apparently, they are somewhat on the way out, according to my google-search, but in many places, especially rural places, these are used instead of diapers. Apparently it's much more convient to just hold your child over the side of the road while he does his business instead of having to change the diaper. Personally, I feel that the dangers associated with missing a crucial tug on the shirt and ending up with poo all down your clothes isn't quite worth the convience. But to each his own.

(Photo courtesy of Flickr)

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin