Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Metro Elephant is Back!

I'm really not sure about the history of the random animals that dot the DC landscape, but there are several in addition to the elephant and donkey at the Washington Post. One of my personal favorites is an elephant that is covered in Metro maps, which is located near Chinatown. He mysteriously disappeared a while ago, though, much to my dismay. When I was wandering around being a tourist on my birthday, I happened to wander by his corner, and I almost started jumping up and down when I saw he was back! Apparently he just needed some freshening up, as it appeared he had gotten a fresh paint job. It made me very happy, and so of course I ran over to him and took some pictures.


DSC_3716
DSC_3721
DSC_3718

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin