Thursday, July 17, 2008

Austin Murals

So I have a project now, involving murals of DC. I'm going to wait a bit before I divulge what it actually is, but I am not going to post any of my DC mural pictures because of it. Instead, I will go back into the archives and pull out some Austin mural pictures.




Most of these are on or near the Drag by campus, including this one.



The frog/alien is quite a local fixture...when the building was bought recently, it was a stipulation of the sale that he not be painted over. The artist is Daniel Johnson, who is a fascinating character.

This mural (the next 2 pictures) has so many little Austin insider tidbits. The naked guy running with the bongos on the right of the top picture is Matthew McConaughey.
This mural is on the side of the Gingerbread Man downtown, and I think it's my favorite.

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin